Friday, April 17, 2009

17 APR 09 5050

Good morning! We are now "coast to coast" Way to get out the gate, Washington! I am going through my email address list and sending a friendly request to my friends and family, (regardless of where they live).  Our Executive Director, Bill Nelson is traveling to Orlando next week to testify before a Congressional Subcommittee in regards to our efforts in helping PTSD affected warriors. Our Florida Representative has done such a great job down there telling the USA Cares story. She serves on the Mayor of Orlando's Veterans Commission and so much more. And did I mention that it looks like Dennis Miller will be attending our Golf Scramble in Las Vegas this October!!  

By the way, I am challenging some of my friends to "match" the next $1,000 in donations from anywhere in the US through our 5050 program, but you might want to look for someone to do the same for your state! Then when you are asking someone to text in, you can tell them they are actually donating $10!! It all adds up! We will post those who join our match effort. If they do chose to match, they can make the check out to "USA Cares" and send it to PO Box 749, Radcliff Kentucky 40159. 

We are making history!

Roger 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOOOHOOOOOOO!!

I am so proud of everyone! We are off to a GREAT start! While it doesn't seem like much... just on the first day, we made enough to pay an electric bill for a family that is suffering a silent war within their home. PTSD is, for some families, worse than the deployment that caused it. And for just a few texts, we can give hope to that family that they will not only get the help they pray for, but that we CARE!

Thank you to all of you for your diligent work. Who am i going to see in Vegas???!!!!

I want to end with... I am so sorry I have been scattered this week and not in touch like I should be. I have been sick with "The Kentucky Crud" and just haven't been up and going. But I am thinking of each of you... my thoughts and good vibes have been with my USA Cares Family!

God Bless you, our Troops and the USA!
~jenn