Monday, May 11, 2009

11 MAY 2009 5050

Good morning from sunny and rainy at the same time Radcliff. We seem to have sit a ceiling here, hope this  week we can break through it and demonstrate the value of mobile giving. On American Idol this week, Alicia Keys is scheduled to appear and talk about helping the children of Africa and they are going to push "ALIVE" and 90999 to 30 million viewers. That will be a very good way to prove the value given the right audience at a large scale. I have my fingers crossed.

On Friday, I had a soldier I met in Radcliff way back in November last year who was on his way to Iraq. After we got done talking, I gave him one of my cards and told me that if he ever had a soldier who needed a little help to give him our web address. That same soldier called me from his hospital bed where he was recovering from wounds recieved by a homicide bomber, and needed a little help for him and his parents. I am very happy to report that our Family Resource Center was talking to him and his dad within an hour and that we are working our process. 

It has always been one of our goals to be the "first calls" when someone needs a little help, and this was certainly one of those moments. As for the soldier, he told me he had not lost any limbs, or sight, had taken some shrapnel but was going to be okay. He was just dissappointed he couldn't be there with his guys. 

Have a great day, and see you tomorrow.

Roger 

No comments: